Exploring Seiffens Baroque Mountain Church
The late baroque mountain church, the landmark of Seiffen, has become famous worldwide due to the lovingly made miniatures of local craftsmen. Consecrated in 1779, it was built by Christian Gotthelf Reuther following the example of the Dresden Frauenkirche. Its furnishings, which have been preserved to this day, are a reminder of the once flourishing pewter mining industry as well as the artisan glassworking that has been carried out over the centuries. The old pewter crucifix above the entrance is particularly worthy of mention. With its inscription on the back "Bergknappschaft Seiffen 1688", it is one of the oldest proofs for the existence of the miners' association.